Information, Referral and Follow-up
- Virtual classes will continute to be offered. You can watch them on the ACS Facebook page.
- If you need to have a class face-to-face, contact the ACS and ask to speak with the program manager.
- Maintain social distancing.
- HPCON B guidelines in effect.
- Program Overview
The Information, Referral, and Follow-Up Program serves as a centralized point for information and referral to a comprehensive network of internal and external agencies, services and programs, including crisis intervention and in-processing. Our trained staff will provide Soldiers and their Families with any information or assistance needed or will refer them to the appropriate agency for assistance and maintains an extensive file of installation and community resources.
- Fax/Copier/DSN phone line
- Computers with Internet and printer capability (no USB drive access)
- ACS Overview Briefings
- ACS Information Tables
- ACS Open Houses
- ACS Monthly Calendar
- E-mail Distribution of ACS Calendar of Events
- Area and Installation Maps
Services are available to all active duty and retired military personnel and their Family Members; members of the Army National Guard and US Army Reserve, when on active duty and during post deployment and their Family members; Army APF and NAF civilian employees, and their Family members; Family members of prisoners of war or personnel missing in action and surviving Family members of military personnel who died while on active duty.
This facility is OPEN (for services only).
ACS Services include Lending Closet Kits, AER Loans/Grants, Clearning, Family Advocacy Support, ACS program appointments and general questions.
Main Army Community Service
|Monday||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Thursday||12 p.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Friday||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|