- Reach more than 43,000 Soldiers, Retirees, Civilians and their Family members.
- Support valuable programs for the U.S. Army in Korea.
- Garrison History
The history of USAG Humphreys dates back to the beginning of the 20th Century when, in 1919, the Japanese military built the Pyeongtaek Airfield. Later, during the Korean War, Pyeongtaek Airfield was named K-6 after being repaired and enhanced by the U.S. Air Force to accommodate a Marine Air Group and the 614th Tactical Control Group.
In 1962, it was renamed Camp Humphreys in honor of Chief Warrant Officer Benjamin K. Humphreys, a pilot assigned to the 4th Transportation Company, who died in a helicopter accident.
With the creation of the Installation Management Command on October 24, 2006 the U.S. Army Support Activity Area III was re-designated as US Army Garrison Humphreys and Area III on March 15, 2007.
Eighth Army is the ultimate tactical parent unit for most of the organizations on the base. Current units include, but are not limited to, the 194th Combat Sustainment Support Battalion, 501st Military Intelligence Brigade, 3rd Military Intelligence Battalion, 532nd Military Intelligence Battalion, 527th Military Intelligence Battalion, 501st Signal Company, 2nd Combat Aviation Brigade (2nd Infantry Division), 501st Sustainment Brigade, 52nd Ordnance Company, 557th Military Police Company and the 249th MP Detachment.
- About Family and MWR
Army Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation, the G9 division of the Army’s Installation Management Command, is a comprehensive network of quality support and leisure services that enhances the lives of Soldiers, Retirees, Civilians, their Families and other eligible participants.
Family and MWR’s vision is to be the driving force for programs and services that provide the foundation for the Army’s home by:
• Increasing Soldier and Family resiliency
• Restoring balance
• Enhancing recruitment, readiness and retention for Soldiers and Families
Family and MWR programs, services and activities offer Soldiers and Families opportunities to enrich their lives culturally and creatively. Our programs relieve stress, build strength and resilience and help the Army Family stay physically, mentally and financially fit.
- Soldier Programs & Community Recreation
- Business Operations
- Child, Youth & School Services
- Army Community Service
The Army’s investment in delivering the highest quality programs and services, from child and youth programs to recreation, sports, entertainment, travel and leisure activities, reflects its commitment to the Army Family Covenant, a commitment to providing excellent quality of life, creating a supportive environment and enhancing resilience.
- BRAND RECOGNITION | Create a positive, memorable image of your product and services. Generate positive word-of-mouth advertising through public recognition.
- HEIGHTENED VISIBILITY | Family and MWR events and venues offer a wide exposure to a broad range of consumers. This type of visibility builds the number of overall impressions by the Army audience and creates a positive public image to the Civilian market.
- COMMUNICATE A COMMITMENT TO THE MILITARY LIFESTYLE | On-post events offer sponsors the opportunity to gain exposure in the American Military market while physically located in Korea. Your support also creates goodwill and builds brand loyalty.
- SHOWCASE PRODUCT ATTRIBUTES | At certain levels of sponsorship, companies are authorized display space for the duration of the event, allowing companies to interact face-to-face with current and potential customers. Demonstrating your product in action or calling attention to your product is possible through couponing and sampling.
- DRIVE SALES | As a sponsor you have many opportunities to increase sales, both directly and indirectly.
- COMMUNITY EVENTS
From the small to large scale events, our events and festivals are designed to improve the overall quality of life for the U.S. Military community in Korea. Sponsoring one of our events will give you an opportunity to be on-location and interact with our community members directly.
Below is a list of some of our events and programs we hold throughout the calendar year.
Community-Wide Special Events:
- Spring Fest
- Harvest Festival
- Celebrate Independence (Fourth of July) Fest
- Halloween Spooktacular
- Eggcellent Family Adventure
- Holiday Tree Lighting Ceremony
- Volunteer of the Year Award Ceremony and Reception
- Armed Forces Entertainment (AFE) Concerts and Shows
- Parties @ Facilities (i.e. New Year's Eve, Super Bowl Watch Party, etc.)
Sports & Fitness Events:
- 5K/10K Runs and Marathons
- Fitness Competitions
- Bowling Leagues
- Golf Tournaments
- Intramural Sports Leagues and Tournaments
Better Opportunities for Single Soldiers (BOSS) Events:
- House of Fear Haunted House
- Life Skills Classes
- Single Soldier Day and Block Party
- Trips and Tournaments
- Installation Meetings
- Volunteer Opportunities
Children & Youth Services (CYS) Events:
- Youth Sports Leagues & Fitness Workshops
- Month of the Military Child (April)
- Father and Daughter / Mother and Son Dance
- Breakfast with Santa
- Holidays at the Library
- Father and Son Fun Day
- Movie Nights
- Digital Signages
- Indoor & Outdoor Banners
- Athletic Fields
- In-Facility Advertisements
- Flyers and Posters
- Sponsored Posts (Social Media)
- and More!
This website (humphreys.armymwr.com) is the one-stop for all information regarding our programs, activities and facilities. Your message is sure to be seen by our patrons in Korea and visitors relocation to Korea in the near-future. Featuring event schedules and details, facility and program information, commercial advertisements and a phone directory of all things MWR in USAG Humphreys and Suwon Air Base, your message is sure to be seen by our site visitors.
- DIGITAL SIGNAGES
Reach out to your potential customers through digital signages located in our major facilities.
Examples of Digital Signages:
- LED Kiosks
- Bowling Lane Monitors
- OUTDOOR BANNERS
Family and MWR operates a number of outdoor banner stands through USAG Humphreys at prominent locations with much traffic. A mix of base information and commercial advertisements are on display and is the best way to target drivers and pedestrians.
- ATHLETIC FIELD SIGNS
There are a number of MWR-operated ball fields on USAG Humphreys, strategically located so that the majority of Soldiers, Families, Retirees and Civilians have easy access to them. Ball fields at USAG Humphreys are not only used for sporting events or personal training use, but many of our special events bringing thousands of community members are also held on these fields.
Advertising on the fence line is more flexible when it comes to the size of your ad, with a bigger size attracting more attention.
- IN-FACILITY ADVERTISING
Family and MWR offers worldwide support through a comprehensive network of programs and services at each installation for thousands of Soldiers, Retirees, Civilians and their Families each year. From state-of-the-art fitness centers, outdoor pools and recreation centers to bowling lanes, golf course, and restaurants, our facilities make Korea a better place to live, work and play.
Now you can have our facilities work for your business by having them spread your message. In an effort to support and enhance these highly-valued facilities, USAG Humphreys has created a number of advertising opportunities within many of its high-traffic facilities, available advertising opportunities include indoor banners, counter wraps, window clings, poster frames and wall wraps.
- Family and MWR is the only Army entity legally authorized to accept sponsorship on U.S. Army Garrisons in Korea.
- We are dedicated to serve our customers; Soldiers, Retirees, Civilians and their Families.
- USAG Humphreys Family and MWR promotes Korean attractions and culture to our community.
- We can help you boost the sales of your products and services to American consumers working and living in Korea, who will take that impression back to the U.S. and other locations.
- Family and MWR means support for the U.S. Military.
WHAT IS FAMILY AND MORALE, WELFARE AND RECREATION?
Family and MWR plans, produces, promotes and manages world-class programs for Military service members, Retirees, Department of Defense (DOD) Civilians and their Families, including a host of recreation, sports, entertainment, travel and leisure activities. Millions of those serving depend on MWR programs to upgrade their quality of life throughout the United States, Korea and around the world.
When you partner with us to reach out to these special target markets, you also support outstanding programs for those defending our peace and freedom. Align your brand and product with the strength of the U.S. Army in Korea!
"Family and MWR sponsorship program provides us great opportunities to directly connect with the Military community."
-Mr. Weon Bum Ha, President
U-Medi Company Limited
Companies who supply goods and services, as well as those who wish to expand their market to the U.S. Army consumer, can increate their visibility, build sales and promote brand loyalty through sponsorship at Family and MWR events.
There are many different ways that a company can sponsor or be a partner in Family and MWR events and programs. Providing a direct monetary contribution underwriting event-related costs such as entertainment, transportation, prizes and supplies is one major way.
Companies may also directly provide products or services, such as food or beverages, travel tickets, sports supplies, prizes or other items that enhance programs and encourage event participation.
By partnering with Family and MWR, sponsors can gain access to a vast market of well-educated, financially-stable consumers.
Benefits to Sponsorship:
"Advertising with Family and MWR greatly helped us market our newly opened clinic to the Humphreys community."
-Dr. June Chul Huh, DDS
Sky Blue Dental
Commercial advertising offers the opportunity to display your company's message in a variety of ways throughout the largest U.S. Army Garrison in Korea. We operate this website, print advertisements and a number of facilities on base, including lodging, ball fields, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, golf club, bowling lanes, recreation centers, restaurants and bars, picnic areas and more!
When the Military community in Korea becomes aware of your products and services, they will bring that experience back to the United States or to the Pacific, Middle East, Europe or wherever their next duty station is.
Examples of Advertising Opportunities: