Survivor Outreach Services
- Virtual classes will continute to be offered. You can watch them on the ACS Facebook page.
- If you need to have a class face-to-face, contact the ACS and ask to speak with the program manager.
- Maintain social distancing.
- HPCON B guidelines in effect.
- Program Overview
Survivor Outreach Services' (SOS) mission is to embrace and reassure Survivors that they are continually linked to the Army Family through a unified support program that enables them to remain an important part of the Army Family for as long as they desire.
- To provide enhanced services to Families of the Fallen
- To help Survivors cope with the loss of their loved one
- To improve responsiveness and streamline the assistance process for Families
- To ensure Survivors have access to all entitled benefits
The SOS program works closely with the Casualty Assistance Office and is introduced to the Family by their Casualty Assistance Officer. The goal of SOS is to become available as soon as the surviving Family members request services and to provide continuous outreach for as long as they request it. SOS also provides support to retiree Survivors in coordination with the ACS and Retirement Services office as appropriate.
- Support Coordinators provide the following services:
- Local long term case management (supportive counseling; life skills education; support groups)
- Assist Survivors in managing applicable life-long benefit transition milestones.
- Serve as an advocate for eligible beneficiaries and develop a plan of action based on Survivor needs
- Assess Survivor needs and coordinate assistance
- Provide information and referral services for Survivors
- Link Survivors to all available resources, to include counseling
- Develop partnerships with military, civilian and non-governmental agencies to leverage support to Survivors
- Brief at various trainings on the installation to promote program awareness and education about the Survivor Outreach Services
This facility is OPEN (for services only).
ACS Services include Lending Closet Kits, AER Loans/Grants, Clearning, Family Advocacy Support, ACS program appointments and general questions.
Main Army Community Service
|Monday||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Thursday||12 p.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Friday||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|